2019 was a BIG year for us and we're so excited for the year ahead!
Here's a few highlights:
- 3 new North Island Brown kiwi joined the park.
- 4 Grand and Otago Skinks were released into the wild.
- 1 kākā chick hatched!
- 13 pāteke and 10 whio sent away to Isaac's Conservation Show in Christchurch for release into the wild!
- 3 new exhibits opened.
- 12 birds were admitted for rehabilitation!
- 1 tuatara and 4 kākāriki hatched!
- 2,000 meters of recycled timber oiled for the newest kiwi house.
- 300 cubic meters of soil screened for the new kiwi house!
- 1 new transparent beehive!
- New recorded audio guide, adding 30 minutes to the audio tour.
- French and German added to the language selections for audio guides.
- Over 3,000 trees planted in the park!
Here's to another successful decade!